Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Our Favorite Things - Little House




Recently I've been re-reading some of my favorite books of all time - The Little House Series. I can not begin to tell you how much I love these books! Re-reading the books as an adult has shown me just what kind of quality these books are really made of. I loved them as a kid and I'm loving them as an adult.

This time around I'm noticing just how much work goes into a typical day for these hard working pioneer folks. If you or your kids need a little motivation to be a diligent worker throughout the day these books are a wonderful encouragement. Right now I'm currently reading "Farmer Boy." It's so funny, it was the book I liked least as a kid since it was mostly about a boy. This time though, I'm finding it fascinating to learn about what it took to run a farm in those days!

If you want to dig a little deeper there are also countless activities you can do with your kids that Laura and her family worked on in the books.

A few some other bloggers have tried are:

- Make your own Ginger Water

- Make your own butter

1 comment:

*carrie* said...

I grew up reading these books, too. Such great stories!