Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Our Favorite Things

One of my favorite discoveries over the past year has been Freecycle!

If you haven't heard of Freecycle I encourage you to take a look and see if it is something for you. I love Freecycle for a couple of reasons. First of all it saves me money, secondly it is good for the environment and promotes recycling.

Freecycle is a yahoo group that promotes giving away your used stuff to others for free! No money is ever exchanged. Members send out emails offering items that they are wanting to get rid of. If a person is interested in the item they simply email back and forth and arrange a pick up time.

Another great aspect of Freecycle is that you are allowed to post things you are looking for as well. The only downside is that you will receive a lot of emails depending on how many members are in the group you join. Groups are based on location. To avoid cluttering up your inbox you could open a separate email just for Freecycle but unless you check the account frequently you may miss out on some items of interest.

To give you a little taste - here are a few of the finds I have made over the past year: Kushies cloth diapers, several boxes of unopened baby cereals, tennis shoes in my size that had only been worn once, and tons of baby clothes!

Freecycle has been great! It's fun to give your old stuff to people who will really put it to use and it is fun to be able to get a few things you need for free! It really has worked for me!

3 comments:

Niki Jolene said...

I <3 Freecycle!

Great site!

Heart of Wisdom said...

You are right. We have posted as well as received from Freecycle.
It is awesome.

Robin@heartofwisdom
http://www.heartofwisdom.com/heartathome/

*carrie* said...

I'm so glad you've gotten some great stuff! I'm signed up, but it hasn't really caught on yet in our rural area. I'll keep watching!