Thursday, June 26, 2008

Homemade Salsa



Today I spent Luke's nap chopping and mixing and ended up with a huge batch of salsa. Some went straight into the freezer to save for later! I made 7 times the recipe below!

Microwave Salsa

3 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 green onion, sliced
1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
3 Tbsp finely chopped green pepper
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 1/2 tsp minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper

Mix together in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 45-60 seconds or until heated through. Salsa will keep in fridge for up to 3 days.

Recipe from Taste of Home 2001 Annual Recipes

2 comments:

Christie said...

mmmm... I'm going to have to give this one a try! My dad really loves salsa, and his birthday's coming up... :) Thanks for your sweet comment over at my blog!

Lisa said...

Looks good! I'm hoping my tomatoes will hurry up and ripen so I can make some salsa soon! Might give your recipe a try :)