Friday, December 12, 2008

Brown Paper Boxes



Well I've been absent lately because I've been overwhelmed thinking about moving! My husband and I are in the process of selling our current home and buying another!

We are planning on moving in early February, just a little over a month before our next baby is due! My mind has been constantly drifting to this fact, thinking of all the things that will need to be done in the next few months.

Does anyone have advice for moving, especially when 8 months pregnant?! The plus side of this move will be that we will be remaining in our current town. We couldn't be happier and feel very blessed to have had our sale and purchasing go so quickly!

3 comments:

Brooke said...

be sure to label the things that are important vs the things that can stay boxed up for a while.

thankfully my big move (a couple of months ago) was a very gradual one. i got married in november and started moving the stuff i didn't need daily to my fiances house and left the stuff i needed at my parents.

you're probably more limited than that, but just know which boxes you can take your time with and which are most important.

*carrie* said...

Jamie,

I would accept all offers for help, and seek them out if needed. The best help I received was someone offering to watch Nathan for an hour or two, or someone willing to bring a meal the week of the move.

Also, I don't think you can start too early. I did lots of "sorting projects" early on so I wouldn't have to deal with all that later.

Unknown said...

I think your best bet, Jamie, is to tap into those crazy Gottlieb relatives of yours. There are a bunch of them and they are suckers for volunteer work :)