Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Healthy Foods to Have on Hand for Baby

Here is a list of healthy, simple foods I try to have on hand for my baby all the time! It is helpful to write this out so you know what to put on your grocery list each week.

Trying to keep up with a 1 year old doesn't leave much time for fancy snacks and lunches. Having these foods handy keeps things simple!

Use the following list or alter it to your babies taste buds! I like to keep these on hand so I know there is always something on hand for the baby's meals even if I desperately need to go to the grocery store!

  • Avocado
  • Frozen berries
  • Frozen veggies like broccoli or peas
  • Bananas
  • Whole wheat bread
  • Cheese
  • Eggs
  • Cereal (Cheerios or whatever you baby likes)
  • Yogurt
  • Crackers
  • Grapes
  • Applesauce
  • Infant cereals like rice, oat, etc.
  • Peanut Butter (if your baby is old enough to have it and isn't allergic!)
  • Frozen baked goods like banana bread, waffles, muffins (I need to work on this one but it is a goal!)

1 comment:

*carrie* said...

Jamie,

Sounds a lot like our list. Although the avocado would be just for me--neither my husband nor son like them!