Friday, April 11, 2008

Inexpensive Entertainment - Friends

Well once again it is Friday! Today is my last post in this series I've been writing on inexpensive entertainment.

Today I'd just like to say that the least expensive option for entertainment is just to take the time to invest in your friends and family! Spending some quality time with your good friends does not cost much but provides plenty of fun and memories. Can you think of times in the past when you had friends who you could do nothing with but still have fun? Find those friends and you will find plenty of fun for a good price.

I was just listening to a radio program the other day where they were discussing the importance of friends. If you don't have close friends it can be intimidating and hard to know where to find them. I suggest diving into a group for a cause that you love, where like minded people will be present. You just might find a good friend. The next step is to nurture your friendships. Friendships are a give and take relationship, and they do take time to develop!

A high school friend and I were just reminiscing recently about how we used to have a craft night where we would have a set monetary limit. We would drive to Walmart , buy our supplies and then head home to create the project. We had a lot of fun doing this, mostly because we were spending time with good friends. The project itself wasn't what was important, it was spending time with friends! I need to remind myself that just spending time with people is what makes "entertainment" entertaining!

So send an email, give someone a call, write a letter, or better yet get together with a friend! You won't regret it!

For more frugal tips visit Biblical Womanhood!

1 comment:

Cassie - Homeschooling Four said...

I just wanted to thank you for your comment on Crystal's blog about my post. Your baby is adorable and it sounds like you are doing a great job of being a living example to him.