Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Whirlwind of Activity

My, oh my, was yesterday a whirlwind of activity at my house. Yesterday I accepted the challenge of babysitting for 2 kids under the age of 2. If you do the math that means I had 3 under the age of 2 all day!

It actually went fairly well, all the kids behaved themselves so I just had to deal with the normal craziness of a 5 month old, a 13 month old, and a 2 year old! That alone is a lot to handle.

After all the children were sound asleep (yes, praise God, it did happen!) I stopped and just stared at the state of my home for a moment. How could just 3 little children cause such an explosion of toys, diapers, blankets, and dirty dishes? I commend any mothers of multiples or families who have children so close in age! Believe me, I slept well last night!

1 comment:

*carrie* said...

Jamie,

I'm sure your house was bustling. I know I was worn out when I went to visit my sister and helped her with her 3 kids ages 3 and under.

Nathan just switched to one nap, and it's been difficult to adjust to a new schedule!