Thursday, January 3, 2008

Extras for Movie Night

To make an inexpensive home movie night a little bit more special, there are a few easy things you can do!






  • Gather some movie theater type popcorn holders! They make plastic versions that are washable and reusable. I found mine using Freecylce.
  • Make homemade popcorn instead of microwave...it is just so much better and it's cheap.
  • Consider making a theater if you have the space - ours is located in our grandparents' basement. We have an old projector our church didn't need anymore and stadium seating built from old couches. Use your imagination and see what you can come up with! To give our theater a little extra excitement we have hung movie posters along the basement walls. Some of these were bought for gifts, others were obtained for free from someone who works at a theater!
Consider these fun ideas for your next frugal Friday movie night!

2 comments:

Ann @TheAssetEdge said...

I love your idea about creating a theater in the basement - I never would have thought to use old couches!! Craigslist.org would be a fantastic resource for someone looking for sofas and maybe even a projector.

I love your practical & frugal ideas. :)

Jamie - Family Focused Fun said...

Isn't it a neat idea?! I don't know that I would have thought of it either, but I have some smart relatives!