Thursday, January 31, 2008

Macaroni Fun




My son loves to play with a container filled with macaroni! Isn't if funny how such simple things can make a kid so happy? If I get out the container and shake it he comes crawling over to get it in a hurry!

This is a great toy because it makes sound and helps him to learn all at once. It helps him practice his coordination (shaking) and helps him learn to associate that when he shakes the container, it makes a sound! One note about trying this activity - make sure your child can't get the lid off! You will need a secure container! Thankfully we haven't had any accidents so far!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment on my site. I'm glad to know that others are enjoying what I'm writing about. I really like your site as well. I can't wait to read more of what you have written. It's fun to see other Christian mom's blogs about how they are teaching their children. (I'm just starting out blogging, and I have sooo much more I want to add! Keep checking back!)

Martie said...

That's such a cool, simple idea. Thank you for sharing! Thank you also for visiting my blog.

I thought I would let you know about our 30-day housekeeping challenge over at Martie's House. Come and check it out and join the fun!

Hope to see you there.

Martie

Jamie - Family Focused Fun said...

Thanks All! :-) Glad to have you visiting!

*carrie* said...

Jamie,

I'll have to try that. I asked for simple toy/activity suggestions a couple months ago on my blog and got some great ideas: http://watibg.blogspot.com/2007/10/thinking-outside-toy-box.html